Last christmas I visited Jogja for the third time in 2016. I actually planned to hike Mount Sumbing for the weekend, but since the weather wasn’t great, me and friends decided to stay and explore Jogja for a change (we didn’t want to waste our tickets that had been bought weeks in advance!)
So here I am, thinking what should I write for my first post, then Jogja came up.
What to do you while you’re in Jogja:
- If you want some adventure, you can go to gunung kidul area (1 hour away from the city). You can try caving in goa jomblang or goa pindul and body rafting in kali suci or sungai oyo. You may like sri gethuk waterfall too.
- If you’re more a beach person, Jogja is surrounded by some beaches too. There are some beaches nearby that you can visit such as nglambor, kesirat, sadranan, etc.
- If you want to do some trekking, try gunung api purba. Or if you have time and would like to do a more serious hike, try merbabu (via suwanting has the best view- but not easy. I can recommend a good guide if you want). Aside from merbabu, there are also merapi, andong, sindoro and sumbing (among others) that can be hiked from villages nearby Jogja.
View in Mount Merbabu
- For foodies, Jogja’s food that shouldn’t be missed are mie godok (my favorite is mbah gito), gudeg (my favorite is yu jum), or try traditional food in kopi klotok with view of Merapi. If you like mushrooms (the food :p), there’s also a place called jejamuran that sells many kind of food made from mushrooms, and you can also try fish spa for free in this restaurant! And for a fun yet humble night with friends, try kopi joss in alun-alun and amuse yourself with decorated bicycles with colorful lights there.
The famous Kopi Joss! yummm I miss its smell already!
- For art lovers, I think Museum Ullen Sentalu is just so great you should not miss it when you’re in Jogja! Its combination of art, history and culture are just something unique that you should not pass
Museum Ullen Sentalu
- And of course if you haven’t there already, sunrise in Borobudur temple is the best! And other main attractions such as prambanan should not be missed 🙂
Sunrise in Borobudur
Dewi is back blogging again!
For you who didn’t know my previous blog (it was 6-7 years ago..) you may want to know what I am about.. So here we go!
I am a 30 years old who loves everything nice about this life: good food, good books and good music. I eat almost everything and dare to try anything new. I read at least 2-3 books a month. Depends on my current mood, I listen to any music from Ben Howard to Calvin Harris and Linkin Park. *Yes, I am a pretty random person :D
I also love traveling, but who doesn’t. ;) I have been to almost all countries in Europe and Asia, I have also been to Morocco, Svalbard and Peru. I love traveling solo, but a good companion sometimes can be nice too (it’s good to have some good pictures from a trip, and not only a selfie filled with my big face and a tiny part of the view :D). Next, I will be in Korea and Japan sometime this year.
I love hiking too! I will be hiking Mount Sumbing and Rinjani of Indonesia (and some other smaller mountains) in 2017! Wish me luck :)
Oh and I love to know new people! Let’s talk! I love telling stories and have long talk during a coffee. I am too a movie addict and big fans of Ewan McGregor! Ping me when any of his movies is out and you have a spare ticket to share :P